What is a Smile Makeover?
Our smile is a powerful part of our personalities. And while all of us have certain imperfections to our smiles, some people may feel too strongly about these. This can lead to reduced confidence and self-esteem level. However, thanks to the advancement in dental technology, it is now possible to correct such imperfections and give people a smile makeover.
During this process, your dentist will use one or a combination of cosmetic dental procedures to improve the appearance of your smile. For example, you may receive dental implants, veneers, teeth whitening, composite resin bonding, etc.
Aspects Considered for Smile Enhancement
When you request a smile enhancement procedure from your dentist, they will fully consider what kind of change you are expecting and customise the process accordingly. Typically, your dentist will consider the following aspects:
- Skin tone
- Hair colour
- Aesthetics of the client’s face
- Tooth display, length, width, shape, colour, proportion, etc.
- Lip line while smiling
Improvements through a Smile Makeover
Your dentist will discuss in detail with you what you dislike about your smile. They will then suggest the improvements that are possible through a smile makeover. It is also possible that the dentist shows you digital images to give you an idea of how the results of the improvements will look. Here are a few improvements you can receive:
- The dentist can correct the colour of your teeth via a teeth-whitening treatment. They may also suggest replacing old dental fillings with composite restoration, which includes fillings that match the colour of your natural teeth
- A dentist may improve the balance and harmony of your teeth by ensuring that the teeth fit within the frame of your gum line as well as your face. Dentists often use Leonardo da Vinci’s Divine Proportion or Golden Ratio for this purpose
- The dentist may employ treatments like veneers, Invisalign, and orthodontics to fix the spacing and alignment of your teeth if there are gaps, crowding, or crookedness
- For missing teeth, the dentist may suggest the installation of dental bridges, implants, or partial dentures
You can also ask for a smile makeover for aesthetic reasons. And can get your tooth proportions, smile line, tooth length, and tooth texture and characterisation fixed.
You must share with your dentist what kind of outcome you are expecting through the procedure so they can professionally suggest what replacements or fixes will suit your goals the best.
Smile Transformation in Seattle
Sue Vetter’s dental clinic in Seattle offers a complete smile makeover to its clients. You can openly communicate your makeover goals with our smile makeover dentist, who will also evaluate the status of your oral health before developing a plan customised for your requirements.
Furthermore, our entire staff is fully trained in making you feel comfortable throughout and providing the best possible care. To learn more about our services or book your smile enhancement appointment, visit our office or call us today.