General Dentistry at Sue Vetter

General dentistry is the most prevalent type of dental care available. Statistics show that general dentists account for around 80% of all dental practitioners. The remaining 20% includes speciality dentists.

What is General Dentistry?

General dentistry encompasses a wide range of dental treatment options and procedures essential to protecting and maintaining excellent oral health.

These treatments are in place to keep your mouth, gums, and teeth healthy and pain-free. A general dentist is comparable to a general practitioner (GP) because their primary objective is to prevent and detect illness.

A general dentist will offer x-rays, dental exams, dental cleanings, cavity fillings, etc. In contrast to specialists, who specialize in a single field of dentistry, general dentists provide a wide range of treatments and procedures to patients of all ages.

General Dentistry Procedures

It covers the following:

Routine dental exams

Regular check-ups are at the heart of developing a dental plan suited for individual needs. It enables your general dentist to identify what therapy is required to maintain your dental health.

A dental exam will include a comprehensive assessment of the tissues of your head and neck, jaw joints, mouth, teeth, and gums. The dentist will aim for detecting any underlying oral health issues, such as tooth decay or cancer. Regular dental exams can detect early warning signs of any abnormalities and address them before they worsen. This is critical since many oral health concerns are “silent” and go undetected.

Restorative Treatments

These include treatments that help to restore broken or damaged teeth to a healthier and more functional state, giving back clients their natural smiles and preventing additional oral health issues.

If you have missing teeth or other serious damage, you may be sent to a dental specialist. However, for minor aesthetic issues and modest repairs, your general dentist will be able to offer the necessary therapy. These can include cavity fillings, root canal treatments, crowns, and tooth extractions.

Preventive Dental Care

Preventive therapy is available to assist you in maintaining your dental health and preventing illnesses from becoming too serious.

For example, tooth loss is frequently the result of decay and gum disease, both of which are preventable with proper treatment. Routine dental exams and hygiene treatments, as well as expert cleaning and polishing, are among the services provided.

Cosmetic Procedures

A general dentist can provide cosmetic treatments to enhance the appearance of your smile. Most dentists can do basic cosmetic dental restorations such as bonding, veneers, and crowns — helping you become more confident about your smile. For more complicated cosmetic dental treatments, the dentist will forward you to a specialist.

Sue Vetter Dental Care in Seattle

At Sue Vetter’s dental care in Seattle, we have general dentists that can help you develop a long-term dental plan so you can enjoy better oral health. You will also enjoy a comfortable and hygienic environment every time you visit for your routine check-up or a dental emergency. Come visit us at the office or call us for more details.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Schedule your Appointment

(206) 547 4131

Address

2101 North 34th Street Suite 170

Seattle, Washington 98103

Hours

MONDAY – BY APPOINTMENT

TUESDAY – 7 AM –  3:30 PM

WEDNESDAY – 7 AM –  3:30 PM

THURSDAY – 7 AM –  3:30 PM

FRIDAY – CLOSED

Please fill the form below to contact us