Dentures are dental appliances that replace lost teeth and are detachable. These are beneficial to patients who have lost some or all of their teeth due to decay, an accident, or disease. Many patients who have been recommended getting dentures for the first time may find them uncomfortable and care to be difficult.
Dentures do take some time to get used to, but the advantages far outweigh any momentary discomfort. Before making a decision, these patients should be aware of the numerous benefits they would receive from wearing them.
Here are six reasons that may convince you to get dentures:
- Firstly, it is significant to acknowledge that modern dentures are quite comfortable. The functionality has also improved so that the devices perform almost as well as natural teeth. When you are getting them for the first time, you will suffer slight discomfort, but it is worth it in the long run
- The dentist may advise you to take certain precautions in the matter of food and beverages for denture care. However, for the most part, you can eat and drink just like when you did not have missing teeth. This way you can go back to your normal routine
- Missing teeth do not only affect the quality of your smile. The lack of support can cause your facial muscles to sag and oral bone structure to disintegrate. Dentures replace the missing teeth and offer the required support for maintaining the facial muscles and jawbone in a healthy condition
- In case you are getting partial dentures (when you have some teeth remaining), the dentures will prevent excessive wear and tear on the natural teeth. The chewing and biting forces become distributed through the support of the dentures
- Traditional dentures are removable. This makes care easier as well as allows you to remove the devices whenever you require
- Many patients worry that the dentures in their mouth will be detectable and deteriorate the quality of their smile. However, modern dentures are quite natural-looking as they are made from porcelain and plastic materials. You will be able to restore the appeal of your smile and it is not easy to determine that you have artificial teeth
Cost of Dentures
The cost varies according to the types of dentures. Other factors like your location, dentist providing the treatment, number of teeth to be replaced, and your dental insurance coverage can also influence the price. Generally, they are considered to be a cost-effective solution for replacing missing teeth, especially when you still have some natural teeth intact.
Affordable Dental Treatment in Seattle
Dr. Sue Vetter offers affordable dentures in Seattle. Different types of dentures are available and the patients will be recommended a treatment depending on their individual oral needs. The dental clinic offers a hygienic and comfortable environment, along with the supervision of expert dentists and assistance from trained staff.
To learn more about the dental services offered at Sue Vetter’s dental clinic in Seattle or book your appointment, please call or visit us.