For years, traditional braces have worked well for people seeking to straighten their teeth. However, it is undeniable that life with braces is one not without inconvenience. In addition to the visible wires and brackets, braces can make it quite difficult to keep an oral hygiene routine.
On the other hand, an Invisalign process is a far better choice for those who want straight teeth but with fewer inconveniences.
What is Invisalign?
For patients with mild to moderate misalignment of teeth, dentists recommend the orthodontic treatment of Invisalign. The Invisalign process uses clear plastic aligner trays that move the teeth into their proper alignment.
How Does Invisalign Work?
The dentist will use computer-generated images and impressions of your mouth to create the clear aligner trays fit for moving your teeth back into place. In terms of Invisalign vs braces, the former uses a series of molds (the trays) to perform its teeth-straightening function instead of the pulling method of braces.
Over the course of the treatment, the dentist will provide the patient with different aligner trays as required with the changes in your mouth. The patient must wear the aligners for at least 20 hours per day for effective results.
How Long Does Invisalign Take?
You might be wondering how long to wear Invisalign. People who use Clear Aligners notice results in less than two years typically, but it can happen as quickly as six months. Of course, each smile is unique, so it can take longer or shorter based on what you require. The difficulty of the issue you seek to solve directly affects the length of the treatment.
Benefits of Invisalign:
Here are four significant benefits of the treatment:
- Many people do not want to deal with the visible wires and brackets of traditional braces. Therefore, Invisalign is a better option with its completely clear aligners. The invisibility of the trays maintains the aesthetic of one’s smile and face.
- Invisalign is much more comfortable to wear as compared to braces. The aligner trays are made out of smooth plastic. This means that patients do not have to endure any sharp edges or pieces. Furthermore, the trays are custom-made for the patient’s teeth.
- The Invisalign aligner trays are removable, which makes it easier for patients to maintain oral hygiene. Whenever you want to brush or floss, you can simply remove the trays and then put them back on afterward. The patient can also easily clean the trays by rinsing or brushing with a toothbrush. Your dentist can provide the correct instructions on how to clean them.
- With traditional braces, your dentist may put you under certain dietary restrictions. For example, you will have to avoid sticky, hard, and chewy foods. However, during an Invisalign process, you can eat as you wish as long as you remove the aligner trays.
- Many people with conventional braces have experienced a bracket becoming loose or a wire snapping, causing an urgent rush to the orthodontist. That potential issue won’t arise if you use clear aligners.
- Since Invisalign only requires routine maintenance every six weeks on average, you will have to spend less time at the dentist’s or orthodontist’s office. Other methods of straightening teeth may require a lot more time and appointments.
- Additionally, using removable aligners to straighten your teeth helps lessen gum inflammation, tooth sensitivity, foul breath, and even tooth chipping. Using invisible aligners, you can also correct overbites or underbites in your teeth.
Is Invisalign Painful?
The treatment does not hurt, although it can make a person’s teeth sore. Imagine it being similar to conventional orthodontic therapy. Your teeth may feel sore initially from the pressure from the braces. If you still experience pain after wearing your Invisalign for a week, your orthodontist should examine you as it might be a sign of a more serious problem.
How Long Does Invisalign Last?
How long does Clear Aligners last, you might be thinking. Is Invisalign worth it or not? You might receive Invisalign treatment for a longer or shorter period than someone else. Even so, an ordinary Invisalign treatment typically lasts between 12 and 18 months, though there may be some variations in certain dental situations.
How to Clean Invisalign?
It’s important to keep Invisalign clean. To do this, remove any debris or food that has accumulated over the day by gently cleaning your aligners with clear liquid soap and a fresh, soft-bristled toothbrush (not the one you use to brush your teeth every day). Rinse well after brushing. Keep them in a protected case when not in use.
Invisalign in Seattle
If you are seeking Invisalign in Seattle, then at Sue Vetter’s dental services, you can receive quality treatment. Our dentists and staff will ensure that you have a comfortable and hygienic experience during your treatment.
From your initial consultation to the results of your final fitting, you will have complete guidance from our dentists on how to manage your lifestyle during the treatment.
If you want to learn more about the benefits, the effectiveness of Invisalign vs braces, and how much Invisalign costs, call us or visit our dental office.
Schedule your Appointment
2101 North 34th Street Suite 170
MONDAY – BY APPOINTMENT
TUESDAY – 7 AM – 3:30 PM
WEDNESDAY – 7 AM – 3:30 PM
THURSDAY – 7 AM – 3:30 PM
FRIDAY – CLOSED