What is a teeth whitening treatment?
The purpose of a teeth whitening treatment is to bleach the teeth to make the shades lighter and also to get rid of stains and discoloration.
Is a teeth whitening service safe?
Professional teeth whitening can be safe as well as effective. However, if you try teeth whitening treatments at home and overuse them, you may damage your tooth enamel.
What is the process of teeth whitening?
The teeth whitening service can be divided into three parts:
It is a process in which a dentist will have a look at your medical history. And, find any signs of tooth decay.
The real treatment
The process of application of hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide gel on your teeth and leaving them for 30 to 35 minutes. The whole process is going to take 60 minutes only.
The special heating light
This special heating light enhances the teeth whitening process and acts as a catalyst. This light is put on your mouth for 20 minutes thrice to achieve the best results.
Do teeth whitening procedures are effective on tooth decay?
No, teeth whitening treatments are not effective on stains that are caused by tooth decay. Instead, it can be really harmful to have a teeth whitening service before filling the cavities.
How many types of teeth whitening treatments are there?
There are four basic types of teeth whitening services:
- Teeth whitening strips: you can get teeth whitening strips over-the-counter. They are easy to apply and sometimes effective too.
- Whitening trays: there are different types of teeth whitening trays. Some of them are LED trays, while others contain gel base hydrogen peroxide solution. You can get them from your nearest store. And, you can also ask your dentist for a custom-made tray for you.
- Teeth whitening toothpaste and mouthwash: they are usually available in the market, but they are extremely slow. The ingredients are the same as general toothpaste.
- Professional teeth whitening service: it is what you get from your dentist. This type of treatment is quick, effective, and safe!
What is the after-care for this treatment?
Now that you have sacrificed your time and money to get whiter and brighter teeth; you must keep them the way they are for at least a year. And to do that, you will have to follow these steps:
- Brush and floss twice a day with fluoride toothpaste.
- Avoid food that contains high pigments.
- You know smoking is injurious to health, no? It also affects the tooth color.
- Take care of your oral health!
How much does a teeth whitening treatment cost?
It depends on whether you are getting an in-office treatment from a professional dentist or you are buying inexpensive over-the-counter whitening products.
The results vary, so does the price.
A regular over-the-counter product would be under $200. And, a professional treatment would cost around $400-$600, depending on the expertise and area.
We have answered 7 frequently asked questions about teeth whitening services. Teeth Whitening is becoming more famous with each passing day. To get a teeth whitening service in Seattle, contact your smile expert now!